Find the cheapest gasoline nearest to where you are! Then, map a route to where the cheap gas is.
Station pricing is provided by GasBuddy.com (http://www.gasbuddy.com).
This application is operational only within the United States and Canada.
iPod Touch supports ONLY postal code searches.
- Price Timestamps
- All Grade Prices Displayed
- Sort by Distance or by Price (default)
- Locate stations by device location (default) or by postal code (in Settings)
- Interactively search by Postal Code
- Distance to station displayed
- Ability to refresh stations without restart
- Ability to update grade pricing through GasBuddy.com.
- Ability to record new stations through GasBuddy.com.
- Augmented Reality (AR) View – “Cyborg”
With the price of gas skyrocketing, it’s always nice to know where you can purchase the most inexpensive gas, nearest you and with Cheap Gas!, you can find both in just seconds.
By Christina Burlini
Cheap Gas! gives you a list of the 10 closest locations to your current location and can be arranged by price or distance. Although, you can also search other postal codes to find cheap gas in another location. This feature is helpful especially if you are traveling and are trying to decide when and where you should stop for gas.
The way the application gets a list of prices and locations is by other users with the application reporting prices. To set prices or report a station and prices is easy and only takes a matter of seconds. To do so, you simply tap the plus sign in the bottom right hand corner enter the brand name, address, city, state and then either tap set prices or report station. When tap the set prices button you are given 4 slots to enter prices for regular, plus, premium and diesel.
Another great feature is the cyborg button, which uses augmented reality to display gas stations on your screen with the camera and a compass in the upper left hand corner. This feature helps show which direction the stations are in and where exactly you need to go to get there.